REVISED OPENING HOURS AND FOOD SERVICE FROM WEDNESDAY 15TH JULY
We look forward to welcoming all our customers back. Please be advised that we will be following the revised opening times until further notice:
MONDAY – SUNDAY
12NOON – 10PM
MONDAY – SUNDAY
12NOON – 3.00PM
THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY
6PM – 8.30PM
Please note we will be running a reduced menu but it will include some of our classics.
Booking is essential for bar tables. Please call 01342 850493 to make your reservation.
You are welcome to book a table inside for drinks only, maximum 8 per table from two households.
About The Kentish Horse
The Kentish Horse is a privately owned, no-tie, free house with the warm and friendly atmosphere of a traditional English country pub.
We stock a wide range of well kept cask beers, lagers and ciders including the ever popular Larkins bitter, brewed two miles away in Chiddingstone.
- There is a good selection of bottled beers, spirits and soft drinks.
- We stock good quality house wines for casual drinking by the glass or bottle.
- Food is home made and the menu typifies good quality and value proper pub grub with vegetarian options.
- We have car parking for in excess of 50 vehicles, a large garden with fantastic views over Ashdown Forest and a children’s play area.
- Naturally, children and dogs are welcome, but under supervision please.
- We are open all day.
We are located in the Kent village of Markbeech, in the heart of the Garden of England and close to, and in the centre of, a number of historically important attractions. Knole Park, Penshurst Place, Hever Castle, Chartwell and Groombridge Place are all close by with Ashdown Forest (Winnie the Pooh country) five miles to the south.